June 10, 2020
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in our service area, we have worked very hard to serve your banking needs while making the health and safety of our customers, employees, and communities a top priority. We recognize that long lines in drive-up lanes and walk-up windows has been an inconvenience while bank lobbies have been essentially closed. After careful consideration of state and federal guidance, along with substantial thought and effort by our staff, we are pleased to welcome you back into our lobbies beginning June 15th. While there will still be a number of limitations, at least it’s a start!
What you will see:
- There will be a limit on the number of customers in the lobby at one time. If the lobby is at the capacity for customers, please maintain appropriate social distance in a line outside.
- In Saco, please enter from the parking lot behind the building for transactions to be conducted at the teller line. For account services, please enter from the Main Street sidewalk.
- In Old Orchard Beach, please enter from the parking lot behind the building.
- Our Portland location presents unique challenges and remains temporarily closed while we continue to work on appropriate solutions. The ATM at that office is available for use.
- At all other locations, please enter through the main door.
- A greeter may meet you at the door in order to control the number of customers inside. They may ask you a few questions regarding your health and recent exposures.
- Face coverings will be required for entry to the building. You may be asked to briefly lower it for identification purposes.
- If you are unable to wear a face covering (for health or any other reason), please use one of the drive-up lanes to conduct your banking business.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available to customers upon entry to the branch.
- Our teller lines and customer service offices will have plexiglass shields installed to protect the health of both customers and employees. In addition, our employees will be wearing face coverings while serving you.
- Signage and floor markers will help guide you through the branch safely, ensuring proper social distancing.
- Waiting areas in the lobby will continue to be unavailable.
- Some items such as coffee, transaction slips, and brochures will be unavailable inside the lobby.
- To keep you safe, we will disinfect highly trafficked areas on a regular basis.
For the most up to date information on your local branch, please visit our COVID-19 info page.
Frankly, this is all very unnatural to us. While it isn’t as warm and friendly of a feel as is our customary atmosphere, please know that we are smiling at you behind those pesky face coverings. We will do our best to convey that in our voices and with our eyes.
This is also very new to us. As such, our plans will evolve as we continue to review guidelines from governmental authorities and health organizations.
While we are eager to see you again in a partially-covered face to partially-covered face manner, we want you to continue to be safe. Along those lines, we are happy to provide several alternative channels through which you can use our services.
Thank you for your cooperation in this challenging time. It is our privilege to serve you, and we look forward to seeing you soon.